A Decade of Galapagos Luxury
In March 2017 Celebrity Cruises will be adding two ships to it’s Galapagos fleet. In addition to Celebrity Xpedition, there will now be Celebrity Xperience for 48 guests and Celebrity Xploration for just 16 guests.
Celebrity Cruises are the only cruise line to offer an all-inclusive cruise experience in the Galapagos region. For ten years their 100 passenger cruise ship Celebrity Xpedition, has provided guests the opportunity to discover a diversity of wonderful and rare wildlife.
Famous for inspiring Charles Darwin’s Theory of Evolution, the Galapagos Islands are located in the Pacific Ocean, approximately 600 miles off the west coast of Ecuador.
Celebrity Cruises have partnered with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to support the growth, awareness and availability of ecotourism. In reducing the ships carbon footprint, Celebrity Xpedition holds the Standard of Excellence by Ecuador’s Secretary of Tourism. Here are some of the highlights of the partnership between Celebrity Cruises and WWF:
- Since 2006, Celebrity, and their guests, have contributed over $1.5 million to conservation projects throughout the islands
- Their programmes are designed to improve the quality of life for the islands’ residents
- The hulls on all three ships are painted with silicone – helping them to move more efficiently, using less fuel and reducing their carbon footprint
- Celebrity Cruises work in collaboration with the US-based Galapagos Conservancy to collect donations from guests for the Galapagos Fund
- They created a fishing co-op that allows local fishermen to store their catch and sell it more efficiently
- Their bicycle programme was designed to provide residents with affordable, environmentally responsible transportation
- Celebrity Cruises buy chocolate from an eco-friendly, local chocolate company who donates part of its proceeds to Galapagos conservation efforts
- They developed a hybrid tomato that grows in the distinctive Galapagos soil
6 Unique Itineraries – 15 Islands – 30 Ports of Call
Celebrity Cruises have a choice of 15 Islands to visit. The animals on the Islands have no fear of humans, so imagine what an unforgettable experience this is. Learn the scientific importance of the Galapagos with a range of shore excursions varying from low, medium to high impact.
It Really Is All-Inclusive
You’ve heard it before, but there is always something extra that you have to pay for. Not on Celebrity’s Galapagos cruises. Included in your cruise:
- All meals including complimentary room service and in-stateroom dining during meal hours
- Complimentary drinks including select wines, spirits, soft drinks, bottled water, coffee and tea
- Complimentary internet access
- All onboard entertainment, including programmes and lectures by onboard Galapagos National Park certified naturalists, wine tastings and more
- Complimentary snorkelling equipment (masks, snorkels, fins, wet-suits and flotation devices) as well as binoculars and walking sticks
- All gratuities
- National Park admission fee and Galapagos Tourist Card fee
- All shore excursions, with a choice of activity levels and locations
- All transfers and air to/from Baltra (luggage weight limit of approx. 21kgs on flights between Quito and Baltra)
- Pre- and post-cruise hotel accommodation and tours