Raise A Glass!
Celebrity Cruises Honored With 12 Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards
With 89 Awards for Celebrity Cruises in Nine Years, the cruise line continues its tradition of excellence with the most awarded wine collection at sea.
The awards for Celebrity Cruises’ onboard wine program continue to flow as the cruise line adds 12 additional Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards to its nearly decade-long list of accolades. Wine Spectator annually recognizes restaurant wine lists which feature a well-chosen assortment of quality producers along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.
For nine consecutive years, Celebrity Cruises has set the standard for onboard wine programs, holding more awards from the world’s leading authority on wine than any other cruise line. In addition to receiving 10 “Awards of Excellence” for the second consecutive year, Celebrity received two coveted “Best of Awards of Excellence” for its unique wine lists on the brand’s newest ships — Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Edge — making it the only cruise line among a small, elite group of establishments in the world that have received awards for the past nine consecutive years.
All of the main dining room restaurants on Celebrity’s Millennium and Solstice Series received this year’s “Award of Excellence.”The list of Celebrity Cruises Wine Spectator’s 2021 Restaurant Awards include:
- Celebrity Apex — Cyprus (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2020) and Fine Cut (“Award of Excellence” since 2020)
- Celebrity Constellation – San Marco (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Eclipse – Moonlight Sonata (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Edge – Normandie (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2019)
- Celebrity Equinox – Silhouette (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Infinity – Trellis (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Millennium – Metropolitan (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Reflection – Opus (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Silhouette – Grand Cuvee (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Solstice – Grand Epernay (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Summit – Cosmopolitan (“Award of Excellence”)
Offering one of the largest wine collections at sea, Celebrity Cruises offer over 500 selections. They come from the world’s most sought-after wine regions and some of the most acclaimed labels. An educated and knowledgeable team of Sommeliers onboard every ship help navigate the options. They offer a variety of experiences that immerse guests in wine education and enjoyment including:
- World Wine Tours – opportunities to sample different wines from across the globe and learn about regional and varietal technicalities
- Food and Wine Pairing Workshops – samples of contrasting pairings to teach the fundamentals of food and wine chemistry and the way food and wine interact
- Destination Wine Tours – immersions into beautiful regional wine-producing areas around the world, including winery tours and tastings
Recommended Reading; Celebrity Infinity Cruise Ship Review