Cruising with Flavia Gray
I was so impressed with MSC Bellissima at the Christening event this year, that I arranged to host an escorted group onboard the ship for a 7 night sailing on 25th October 2019.
We have a few inside and balcony cabins left on our special group rate which includes the premium drinks package and an exclusive onboard event. This is a great opportunity for new cruisers or solo travellers, who want the reassurance that they have a dedicated concierge travelling with them. This offer ends 3rd June 2019.
Friday 25th October – Embark MSC Bellissima
Time to cruise. Board this beauty at sea around lunchtime. Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the ship to familiarise yourself, have something to eat, check out your room and get ready for sail away.
Saturday 26th October – Marseille
Marseille, a port city in southern France, has been a crossroads of immigration and trade since its founding by the Greeks circa 600 B.C. At its heart is the Vieux-Port (Old Port), where fishmongers sell their catch along the boat-lined quay. Basilique Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde is a Romanesque-Byzantine church. Modern landmarks include Le Corbusier’s influential Cité Radieuse complex and Zaha Hadid’s CMA CGM Tower. – source wikipedia
Sunday 27th October – Genoa
Genoa has historically been one of the most important ports on the Mediterranean. It is currently the busiest in Italy and in the Mediterranean Sea and twelfth-busiest in the EU. Genoa has been nicknamed la Superba (“the proud one”) due to its glorious past and impressive landmarks. Part of the old town of Genoa was inscribed on the World Heritage List (UNESCO) in 2006 as Genoa: Le Strade Nuove and the system of the Palazzi dei Rolli. The city’s rich cultural history in art, music and cuisine allowed it to become the 2004 European Capital of Culture. It is the birthplace of Christopher Columbus among others. – source wikipedia
Monday 28th October – Naples
Naples is the third-largest municipality in Italy after Rome and Milan. First settled by Greeks in the second millennium BC, Naples is one of the oldest continuously inhabited urban areas in the world. The city played a major role in the merging of Greek and Roman society and a significant cultural centre under the Romans. . – source wikipedia
Tuesday 29th October – Messina
Just a few kilometres from the Italian mainland, Messina sits on a curved harbour at the northernmost point of Sicily’s Ionian Coast. For centuries it has been a major transport hub and today it’s an important gateway to and from the island. The city consists of wide boulevards and elegant turn-of-the-century buildings. Messina is home to one of Sicily’s finest cathedrals. source Lonely Planet
Wednesday 30th October – Valletta
Valletta is the capital city of Malta. Located in the south east of the island, between Marsamxett Harbour to the west and the Grand Harbour to the east, its population in 2014 was 6,444, while the metropolitan area around it has a population of 393,938. Valletta is the southernmost capital of Europe.
Valletta’s 16th-century buildings were constructed by the Knights Hospitaller. The city is Baroque in character, with elements of Mannerist, Neo-Classical and Modern architecture, though the Second World War left major scars on the city, particularly the destruction of the Royal Opera House. The city was officially recognised as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1980. – source Wikipedia
Thursday 31st October – Cruising
Tailor make your day onboard to suit your needs. Enjoy a relaxing treatment in the Aurea Spa, try your hand at a new skill with one of the onboard classes, do something sporty or adventurous with the high ropes course and aqua park, see a show, mix and mingle with your new found friends onboard. The choice is yours.
Friday 01 November Barcelona – Disembark
- Modern ships and elegant cabins
- 24-hour room service (delivery is free)
- Breakfast in your cabin (delivery + breakfast free of charge)
- A range of special diets catered for
- 20-hours-a-day buffet (gourmet menu for every time of day)
- Main Restaurant dining
- Varied programme of Broadway-style theatre shows available almost every day
- Pool Area
- Open-air sports facilities (Power Walking Track, Basketball etc.)
- Well-equipped gym with panoramic view
- Entertainment activities for adults
- Kids Club for infants and children
- Additional kids’ activities & classes: foreign language learning games and Doremi Chef cooking sessions with our onboard staff (subject to availability)
- Earn MSC Voyagers Club points
- One complimentary picture for each guest, taken during the Mediterranean Night at the Main Restaurants
Free Drinks – Offer Ends 3rd June
The premium drinks package is included as part of this exclusive group. The following beverages can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants.
Unlimited consumption of all drinks priced up to 10 euro!
- Draught and bottled beers
- Wider selection of wines by the glass (sparkling, white-red-rosè)
- Wider selection of cocktails
- All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)
- Alcohol-free cocktails
- Soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass
- Energy drinks
- All Standard and Premium spirits
- Fresh fruit & vegetables cocktails
- Premium mineral water (75cl)
- Classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea)
- Coffee and chocolate delights (hot and cold)
Prices for the cruise only (not including flights, hotel and transfers) are:
Interior £699pp including premium drinks package and special onboard event
Balcony £996pp including premium drinks package and special onboard event
What’s NOT included
- Flights (You can arrange these yourself, or Jane can do them for you)
- Shore Excursions (You can walk around the local town for free or book an organised excursion)
- Spa and Beauty Treatments
- Specialty Restaurants
- Cirque du Soleil at Sea
The ‘Cruise with Flavia’ exclusive hosted group can only be booked via Jane Cowley at Travel Counsellors. Please contact Jane on 01932 808590 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this offer and group rate ends 1800 GMT 3rd June 2019.
Suggested Reading The Naming Ceremony of MSC Bellissima
For more information on MSC Bellissima visit msccruises.co.uk/our-cruises/ships/msc-bellissima