A Culinary Journey for Vegans
Deciding which cruise line is best for vegans, has become a lot easier since Oceania Cruises announced the introduction of an extensive vegan menu. Oceania already boast the only cold-pressed raw juice and vegan smoothie bars at sea. These are located on the pool deck onboard Oceania’s Marina and Riviera ships.
From 7am until 11am, guests can choose from an extensive menu, which includes options such as
- Rise & Shine juice
- Coco Island juice
- Tropical Green smoothie
- Sweet Green juice
- Yellow Sunshine smoothie
- Cacao Joy smoothie
- Cold Brew latte
- Acai Berry bowl
- Chia Cashew Yogurt bowl
In addition to its already extensive vegetarian meal options, Oceania is the first cruise line to introduce a vegan menu of over 250 dishes. These are available in the Grand Dining Room as well as the Terrace Café on Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Marina, Riviera, and Sirena.
President & CEO of Oceania Cruises, Bob Binder said “We are delighted to expand our culinary offerings to please an even wider array of palates and offer our guests more diverse choices to suit today’s wellness-focused lifestyles. Whether guests are looking for a healthy and invigorating start to their day or a refreshing and rejuvenating mid-day pick-up, the Raw Juice & Smoothie Bar has something to delight every palate.”
Examples of What To Expect on the Menu
- Vegan Tortilla Española with potato, onions, and tofu
- Vanilla waffle with freshberries; apricot and pistachio muffins
- Cream of wheat or oatmeal served with cinnamon powder, organic sugar and choice of nuts
- Vegan link sausage and Lyonnaise potatoes
Side dishes always available include: grilled tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms,
- Tuscan-style bean soup with garlic croutons
- A Fantasia Italian salad with assorted greens, roasted bell peppers and toasted garlic bread
- A succulent Involtini stuffed with tofu, spinach, and capers served with pasta and olive tapenade sauce
- Italian chocolate vegan-ricotta pie with vanilla and raspberry sauce.
- Quinoa salad and vegetable tartare
- Creamy truffle flavoured parsnip soup with chopped tarragon,
- Thai red vegan curry with steamed jasmine rice
- A decadent dessert of vegan strawberry sable,
- A shortbread with passion fruit cream and strawberries.
Do you agree that Oceania Cruises is the cruise line is best for vegans? Would you like to see more cruise lines make these menu additions? What would be your ideal vegan meal to be able to order onboard a cruise? Please share you comments or ask any questions below.
by the Hardihood
DELICIOUSLY ELLA EVERY DAY
by Ella Woodward
PROPER HEALTHY FOOD
by Nick Knowles